Brainwriting is a facilitation tool that can help you bring out the best ideas.
How to Brainwrite:
- Create one worksheet per person (plus one extra) with a grid of 3 squares across and 3 down
- Write your question at the top of the page
- Each individual writes one option per square across the top row
- As you finish, exchange your form for the extra sheet. Build on the options already written, or create new ones. Write three more options on a new row, then switch again. Repeat!
When to Brainwrite:
- To generate ideas that are easier to implement
- To generate options with introverted, quiet people
- To lessen the impact of an intimidating person in the group
- To generate options when everyone is not in the same location (via fax, email, blog, web)