How to use POINt:
Review each idea by deliberately looking for the:
- Pluses what’s good about the idea now?
- Opportunities what are the good things that might result if each idea is implemented? Begin your thought with “It might…”
- Issues no idea is perfect, so look for areas for improvement, concern or problems. Phrase these as questions: “How to…” “How might…” or “In what ways might…” List any key concerns.
- New thinking use divergent thinking to generate solutions to overcome the most critical issues.
When to use POINt:
- When you are trying to evaluate several ideas/options
- When you want to identify how to make ideas better